Monday, September 29, 2008

¡Empanadas!




I am officially Argentine. I learned how to make empenadas and I must just go ahead and brag that they were AMAZING!! We spent Saturday morning at this Hermana´s house and she taught me step by step. They take a long time but it was well worth it. They are SO yummy. We took some home and ate them for dinner, too. This past week we taught our first workshop. I was nervous and made some pretty funny mistakes while teaching 20 people. Like once I was teaching them about the helmets that knights used to wear and but said horses instead of knights. The words are very similar in Spanish. I wasn´t corrected until after. There are a few little things like that that I keep doing, but they end up being funny. We will be traveling this week to Saenz Peña to teach our next workshop, so I´ll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Justin and Roxanna said...

Ok, you totally better make some for us when you come to Cali. I love them!! And I'm sure Justin will like them too =) Glad you guys are doing well and that you're keeping the blog updated. I need to follow your example!!

C & E said...

Your post is making me hungry! I'm glad you're having so much fun. Keep in touch cuz we're missing your company at work!!!

Elder Dell Hill and Sister Deni Hill said...

OK, so now we know you are still alive. We miss hearing from you and still haven't been able to talk with you but love hearing that you are well and eating good. We expect an empanada dinner when you get home. Have fun. Love, Dad

mountainriverwellness said...

Hi Sar-bear!! guess who I miss?
just YOU!!! como esta chicka?
Ps.. I pretty much think you are soooooooo muchca bella!!!! I am really quite excited to see you again.. I am so happy you are enjoying your adventure!! enjoy every moment so you can bring them back to us to share!!
love you!!!
ter-bear ps. tell jason hi!!