Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Great Storm


The other night Jason and I went to be at about 2 am but we couldn't sleep, so we watched Avatar, the greatest cartoon in the world, on our computer in our bed. Jason decided to move our bed into the middle of the floor because our air conditioning stopped working the day before and doesn't blow the air out as strong or as cold, so he moved our bed so that we are could feel the air a little bit more. We finally fell asleep around 4 am, but around 4:30 we woke up to the most horrifying thunder I have ever heard. I am almost 25 years old and I was still really scared. We learned that there were no weather strips on our windows and water from the heavy rain was gushing into our apartment. We got everything off the floors and there was already an inch of water covering the tile. Our bed usually sits closer to the window, and if Jason hadn't moved our bed I would have woken up soaked! There was only a few seconds between lightening bolts and the thunder was almost constant. Jason was frustrated and trying to soak up the water as fast as he could, but then he opened the window and shut it again really fast. He looked at me with the most amazed look and said, 'Sar! You have GOT to come and see this!" He told me to brace myself and to look quick. He opened the window and rain was hitting me fast and hard, but I saw the most incredible thing! It is an image I will never forget. It was just like out of a movie. The lightening and the wind and rain... I just can't explain it! It was so cool that Jason was no longer frustrated and we stopped our efforts to clean up the water that night. We woke up to our whole apartment in a few inches of water. We took turns on our hands and knees wringing the water into a bucket with our only rag. It took a couple hours and was not all that fun, but every bit of it was worth the few seconds of seeing that storm.

1 comment:

The-Allen-Family said...

HI! That is so cool! Sad about having to clean but it sounds awesome. I have to say that you are awesome for watching Avatar! LOve it! My husband is part asian so I have been converted to totally cool anime's. Funny huh! Anyway, I love reading about all your fun experiences!