Anyone want to hear my little tender mercy story? If you keep reading then I will take that as a yes. So I have been feeling really unsettled for a long time, and I have not been able to figure out why. Some of you may know that Jason and I have been trying to have a baby forever, and it's been over a year and a half since I miscarried, and still no baby. So I have started to do everything that I feel would help prepare me and my body to be able to carry a baby, i.e. eat better (I have been really good on my low-carb diet for two weeks now!), exercise, get enough sleep, but still I couldn't shake my unsettled feelings. I have such a wonderful job and I love it, it just happens to be an extremely high-stress job. I wouldn't consider it negative stress because it's the kind of stress that I like, that motivates me to hit my goals, but regardless it is still stress. So I started wondering if the immense amount of stress that my job provides, as well as taking classes, is having a negative effect on my body. I started contemplating the idea of leaving my position and finding a part-time position, going back to school full-time, and lessening my stress load. At first it was just an thought, but this thought grew and grew in my mind. Jason just finished school and could go to work full-time until we go off for grad school, which means that I really could leave my job if I really wanted to. But did I really want to? I LOVE my position, and it is the best paying position that I am sure I will ever have. I was in turmoil over this decision. I couldn't recognize answers, I was totally confused and hot and cold, I just could not decide what I should do. I finally decided to turn in my two weeks, and I did it, but then corporate stepped in and gave me a counter-offer that seemed idiotic to turn down. Then I was back to my distress. I went for days trying to make a decision and my emotions were all over the place. One early afternoon I talked to my boss for awhile and left feeling even more confused. I went out to my car and called Jason and just sobbed to him. He said some things that made me feel better and see things differently, and I hung up and prayed. I felt the best, most warming sense of peace about leaving the company and showing the Lord that I was going to do everything on my part to help my body be ready, that way if it still doesn't happen then I know that it is the Lord's plans, and then we can confidently turn to other options. I felt so good about my answer that they could have offered me any amount to stay and I wouldn't have. I took a deep breath, dried my eyes and went back inside. I sat down at my desk and said to myself, "okay, now I need to find a part time job." I pulled up craigslist and all of the jobs were for sales, telemarketing, or customer service $8-$10 an hour jobs that I could not imagine going back to. It made me cringe to think about that (not that those jobs are bad, I just don't think it would lower my stress levels). So I refreshed the page and a new one popped up for an office manager/admissions part time! I called right away and she explained the position to me (it was made for me!!!) We set up a time to meet that night! There was probably ten minutes in between the time that I had called Jason bawling, and called him completely ecstatic. We met that night and she offered me the position right then! I just couldn't believe how incredibly blessed I was. As soon as I had made my decision and received an answer, the Lord was like "okay, here you go." I am so so grateful.
So now we only had to worry about Jason finding a good full-time job. It started out rough and he interviewed with a lot of places, but it has paid off. He interviewed for a position with Stevens-Henegar to go meet with businesses and build relationships, (something that he would be perfect at) and he made it into their top ten candidates. On Friday they said that he was in their top three candidates and interviewed him again, and then this morning they offered him the position! We are taken care of and extremely blessed. So that's my tender mercy story and my testimony that once you give up your fears and trust the Lord, He makes things happen. My last day of work is February 8th because they won't let me go any sooner, and I'll start my new job on the 9th. Jason starts his this Wednesday!
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Oh Sarah that is stress! But how amazing that it has turned out so well for you guys! Keep me posted on how things go. It really is amazing what a difference things in your life can be and what can happen once you're not so stressed anymore! I think this will be great for you! I miss you and want to talk to you! When you start working part time, call me so we can chat! We have so much to catch up on! I love you!
Congrats to both of you! I'm really excited that things worked out so incredibly well. I think you should some how use your powers of persuasion to make your company throw in a complimentary trip to Scotland for you in reward for all your hard work. I'm positive they'd agree to it. Love ya.
Sarah we love you guys! What a great example for us. Congratulations on the jobs. I hope that it changes things in your lives for the best. Hang in there. All things happen in the Lords time. We miss you and think about you often.
Two new jobs! That's awesome news... congratulations!
Congrats to you both! What good examples you two are of being optimistic! We're so happy for you!
Wow... good for you!! You are such a great example and you just cease to amaze me!!! AMAZING!! So glad things are working out. Couldn't be happier for you!! Get to baby making!
WOW! That is amazing, Sarah! And such a blessing/tender mercy, too!
I LOVE YOU!
Sarah, I am going to miss you so much! I am grateful opportunity has come knockin' on your door. Good things are in store for you.
BTW, how do you know Dave Demcak? He is an old friend of my husband's. I haven't talked to him in a few years and was so excited to see his family on your blogging list. What a small world!
Sister!! You are amazing! Thank you for your wonderful testimony and reminder!
SARAH!!! I'm so happy you found my blog and left a comment! I didn't even know you had a blog so now that I do I will stalk you all the time. :) Let me know when you are part time and what days you will be hanging out at home so Kyla and I can take walks over to visit you. You are an incredible gal and I feel so lucky to be your friend. Much love!
Wowser you are faithful!! Can I get a little of that? :) Congrats, Sarah!
Post a Comment