We made it through our 12 hour overnight bus ride to our new land! We loved our time in Cordoba but we LOVE Resistencia! A member from the church picked us up and took us to our apartment. I thought that we were coming down here to dirty South America and would have to live in a hut and bathe in a wooden tub in the middle of Town Square with the chickens. But it turns out that is NOT the case. They are treating us so well here. We walked into our apartment and I was shocked! It is just the opposite of what I expected. We are the only ones living in the whole building right now because the place is brand new. We have to go through like 50 locked doors before we get in, so don’t worry about us being safe. This town, much like a lot of Argentina, is very European. We arrived Friday morning and have spent a lot of time exploring the town and walking through the little plazas. There are some funny things that I have noticed about it here, for instance there aren’t any stop signs. I am not sure how it works but somehow it does. It is fascinating to watch. They also still use horses to pull their carts full of stuff. There are lots of fruit and vegetable stands that I LOVE. The fruit here is really cheep. Like for two-dozen tangerines it is $1.70 or so. The meat here is really cheap too, and Jason is really excited about that. We don’t have a stove yet to cook on, but once we do I am sure we will cook a lot of meat. We have tasted some of the famous Argentine food like lomitos and empanadas and we agree that it is great. We went to church today and everyone was so happy to have us there. They are SO nice and I am starting to understand a little bit more every day. Let’s just hope that I keep going at this pace! Jason helps me out a lot. It is fun to be here together. We’ll never have time like this again, so we are living it up the best that we can. We will start teaching the workshop starting tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted on how that is going. We love you all!!!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Our New Home.... RESISTENCIA!!!!!
We made it through our 12 hour overnight bus ride to our new land! We loved our time in Cordoba but we LOVE Resistencia! A member from the church picked us up and took us to our apartment. I thought that we were coming down here to dirty South America and would have to live in a hut and bathe in a wooden tub in the middle of Town Square with the chickens. But it turns out that is NOT the case. They are treating us so well here. We walked into our apartment and I was shocked! It is just the opposite of what I expected. We are the only ones living in the whole building right now because the place is brand new. We have to go through like 50 locked doors before we get in, so don’t worry about us being safe. This town, much like a lot of Argentina, is very European. We arrived Friday morning and have spent a lot of time exploring the town and walking through the little plazas. There are some funny things that I have noticed about it here, for instance there aren’t any stop signs. I am not sure how it works but somehow it does. It is fascinating to watch. They also still use horses to pull their carts full of stuff. There are lots of fruit and vegetable stands that I LOVE. The fruit here is really cheep. Like for two-dozen tangerines it is $1.70 or so. The meat here is really cheap too, and Jason is really excited about that. We don’t have a stove yet to cook on, but once we do I am sure we will cook a lot of meat. We have tasted some of the famous Argentine food like lomitos and empanadas and we agree that it is great. We went to church today and everyone was so happy to have us there. They are SO nice and I am starting to understand a little bit more every day. Let’s just hope that I keep going at this pace! Jason helps me out a lot. It is fun to be here together. We’ll never have time like this again, so we are living it up the best that we can. We will start teaching the workshop starting tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted on how that is going. We love you all!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awesome!!! The apartment is so nice...very sheeky!!! :]
Sarah and Jason, we are so excited for you to have such a nice place and get to meet so many people. We are excited to get to talk with you. We try often to Skype but it hasn't connected yet.
Love you.
Mom and Dad
HI Sarah, Dad just told me about this blog. I am excited to get updated on all that you are doing. I am so glad that you both made this decision to have this memory together. You both deserve it. I miss you. stay happy!!!!
Love Shannon
Holy Crap! What a nice place! SO pretty! I'm so happy for you. So exciting! What a fun adventure. Keep in touch.
Post a Comment