

We were invited by our bishop and his family to join with them in their family tradition, which is to have a big American breakfast the Sunday morning of conference. We really enjoyed the experience... but I wouldn't say that it was American. There were American things, just not like we are used to. We had french toast, but instead of putting butter, syrup and powdered sugar on them we had a weird soft cheese and raw bacon. There was deli ham, a really good liquado, which is just milk and fruit mixed up in the blender, cereal with drinkable yogurt, a super sugary lemon pie, and scrambled eggs. It was a lot of fun. They usually just drink mate for breakfast, which is their typical hot drink that everyone drinks here, so this big breakfast is a big treat for them. Last week we traveled about 2 1/2 hours on bus to a city called Saenz Pena to teach the workshop. We stayed in a more expensive hotel, which was actually really disgusting. Our room was full of mosquitos and Jason and I were almost eaten to death. He still has battle scars on his legs. They were inside our sheet so there was nothing we could do, but we know that it could have been a lot worse. What if we had opted to go with the cheaper hotel!? Teaching in Saenz Pena was a really cool experience. The people were so humble and so appreciative of us. We spent our days doing our homework and the nights teaching the workshop. We ate the best meat there. I am so glad I am not a vegetarian. I love meat! And Argentina has really good meat!! This week we were supposed to teach the workshop in the south stake of Resistencia but some people fell through on their assignments and nothing was organized for us, so we are not teaching this week. I say great! Time off to go and travel nearby countries!! But we need a visa to get into every country so I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe we'll just get really ahead in our studies so we have time to play at the end. Life is great here. We love walking around at night through the plazas and seeing all of the crazy hairstyles of the teenagers. I've gotta get some good pictures. Maybe that can be my next post. We'll see.
3 comments:
Sarah! It's been forever. It looks like you're having fun on your South American adventure. When you get back to the northern hemisphere, we'll have to get together. (I'm still in Logan, but get down to the Bountiful area quite often.)
Haha, I love that you think it´s great that ya´ll didn´t teach the workshop. We had the same experience last week, we were thrilled, and headed off to Quito for a week. It was awesome!
Sounds like you´re having a blast...good american food (which of course is never really american no matter how hard they try), great people, great experiences.
Have fun!
Oh my gosh! You live in Argentina! I didn't even know. That's lame. Looks like it's amazing! And yes, I am coming home for Christmas. Are you?
Post a Comment