Thursday, September 17, 2009

ADDICTION

Hello all of my friends. It is time that I publically admit my problem, in hopes to someday overcome my habit. I am addicted to travel deals. I said it. I look at them all the time, and really I have no choice, because travel companies continue to email me cruise, flight, hotel and vacation deals. What is a girl to do? It satisfies me beyond belief to slide my arrow just barely over the advertising letters until the word illuminates in blue, then ever so gently tapping the top of my mouse just to see a new page load, and soon deliver a medium to a wonderful vacation. Then my mind starts going, and there is no stopping it. I start planning out dates, and ways to make these vacations come true. Before I know it, I have 16 windows open, each with a different airfare search or hotel comparison, to make sure that I can find the best deal. By the end of my fix, I have an entire outrageous vacation planned, and I excitedly tell my husband, just to hear him say, "Yeah right!". He has learned, though, to play this game with me, and now will say his line on queue, "Yeah, Sar! Wouldn't that be awesome?" And then I light up and say, "Yeah!!! This would be so fun!" Then slowly I come back down to reality, and never mention it again, because seriously, a dream vacation like the ones that I plan in my head would never ever ever really happen in our current poor, young, college-student, newlywed income lives....unless.....

YOU FIND TICKETS TO AUSTRALIA FOR $500!!!! All of my pretend vacation planning has really done me some good. Because I am a dorky addict, and love to look up deals all the time, I found airfare to Australia at a price that I just could not pass up. (Really, I had no choice. It was just too good). So I let my brain run wild, and I put together an unbelievable vacation for us and some friends of ours that had asked us to go with them before. We also had a timeshare that we got to use on the beach in Port Macquarie, Australia, that was unbelievable. Here are a few pics from the trip.










9 comments:

C & E said...

I'll say it again..Go Provo College!

Kenzee Jo said...

YEA!! HOW fun!! Glad to see you update this!! LOVE YA TONZ AND BUNCHES!!!

kristen kathleen said...

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that you updated your blog! HA! Love it! I should make you my travel agent since you have a knack for finding sweet deals... =) Hope you guys are well!!

Erika Amonett said...

You are hired, my friend! Plan me a vacation...even if it is a pretend one. Although the daily exuberance of Provo College is hard to beat, I could use a little excursion into the hum-drum world of anywhere that is not Provo. ;)

Matt and Savannah said...

You updated your blog!!! How fun! Love all your pictures.

Andy and Steph said...

I can hear the music playing with that first picture---- all romantic--- you and the kangaroo gazing into each others eye----- it could be a movie. Tell Jason there are support groups if he feels a little down about it :)

Holly,Carl Foley said...

My addictions have never paid me off that good. Chocolate keeps making me fatter! It looks like you guys had a great time. I miss you and really want to see your face.

~SHERI said...

yay updates! wanna go to Germany now?!

The Long Family said...

It's so good to keep in touch with you through blogging - oh what did we do before we had blogs, facebook, etc....Anyway, you and your husband and so freaking cute and Australia...amazing deal and so glad you hopped on that!!